Wednesday, October 28, 2009

OM - A Concert Review



This band rules. When they came to Montreal a couple of weeks ago they totally melted my brain. I had the perfect glow going, a little weed and some beers, and when they launched into their set, the rumble of the bass rendered any ear plugs useless and committed your body to the drone of illumination.

Wow!

Me and my friend Matt could not conceal our joy. We were totally ecstatic.

I woke up the next day, I felt like I had taken a really heavy drug. The sound was a powerful psychedelic. After their set the crowd stood in a daze, taking long seconds to realize what had happened.

Walls of bass fuzz, parallel motion, sparse drums, shaker.... so loud the sound moves over you like a wave of water and you're at the mercy of its awesome power... don't resist, relax and become it.

Om fucking slayed!

Check out their side of their split release with Current 93. Great intro to this awesome band. True psychedelic music, no gimmicks.

-Z




http://rapidshare.com/files/299143470/Om___Current_93__2006__Inerrant_Ways_of_the_Infallible_Sun__Blackship_Shrinebuilder__2.zip

No comments: